Blencowe Badminton Club
Amended and agreed at the AGM held on 7/05/2013
RULES / POLICY
Membership is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
Any Junior (aged under 18) may join but must be accompanied by an adult or have parental agreement to join.
- The fees for membership are to be set for each coming season at the AGM and include the element of the Annual Club Fee and the Annual Badminton England Affiliation Fee.
- A reduced subscription fee is available for anyone joining after the 1st January and not having played at the Club prior to that in that season. The Subscription Fee would be half the Annual Fee plus the Annual Badminton England Registration Fee.
- No refund is payable on Visitor fees paid prior to the 31st December.
- A reduced subscription is available for those people joining the club within 6 weeks of the end of the season. The fee would be £5 per night for up to 6 weekly sessions.
- No refund will be offered on any subscription paid in the event of injury or non-attendance, unless individual and exceptional circumstances are agreed by the Committee.
- Junior membership fees will be 50% of the Adult Annual Club Fee plus the Annual Badminton England Junior Affiliation Fee.
- All fees to be paid by 30th September.
- No member is eligible for team selection until they have paid their subscriptions.
- Summer Badminton Fees – there will be a Registration Fee payable by any person not already registered with Badminton England. This will be in addition to the agreed weekly fee for the season.
The Officers of the Club will consist of CHAIRPERSON, SECRETARY, SUBSCRIPTION OFFICER, TREASURER and CHILD WELFARE OFFICER.
No one person shall take on more than two of these roles.
The post of Chairperson shall be for a minimum of 2 years and after that a Chairperson may only stand for re-election once.
The Committee shall consist of a total of seven members. The Committee shall conduct the affairs of the Club and have the authority to make any decisions on points not covered by the Club rules and also to interpret the Club rules. There should be quorum of at least five members for a meeting to proceed.
TEAM SELECTION OFFICERS:
The Team Selection Officers shall consist of seven Officers, represented by members from all teams currently within the Club. The Team Selection Officers will meet to decide on Team Selections at the beginning of each season and whenever a team needs to be reselected in accordance with the Penrith & District Badminton League rules. There should be quorum of at least five officers for a meeting to proceed.
INDEPENDENT EXAMINATION OF THE ANNUAL ACCOUNTS:
The Annual Accounts to be independently examined by someone independent of the Club. A fee for this will be agreed by the Committee.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
a) The AGM will be held soon after the end of the season (i.e. April or May)
b) All members shall have the power to vote
c) The Club’s Balance Sheet shall be prepared by the Treasurer and presented to the AGM.
d) The Officers, Committee members and the Team Selection Officers shall be elected at the AGM.
e) Proposed alterations to the Rules of the Club shall be sent in writing to the Club Secretary two weeks prior to the AGM.
f) The Chairperson at any meeting shall have a second or casting vote in the event of a tie in the voting.
a) The Club shall be affiliated to the Penrith & District Badminton League and abide by their rules of membership.
b) The Club and its members shall affiliate with Badminton England.
CLUB BULLYING POLICY:
In accordance with Badminton England rules bullying is not acceptable and any member having any concerns regarding bullying or any other serious issue should refer the matter to the Committee.
PROCESS FOR DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS, CLARIFICATION OF PROCESS ETC:
Any member who wishes to seek clarification on a club ruling, Committee decision, Selection rule, decisions or Captain’s decision or has a complaint about any matter should address the issue in the appropriate way by writing to the Committee.