Child Welfare Policy
BLENCOWE BADMINTON CLUB
Blencowe Badminton Club (BBC) is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment for all young people to play badminton. It accepts its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all young people and to protect them from poor practice, abuse and bullying. All young people have the right to play badminton in an enjoyable and safe environment.
BBC recognises and abides by the principles laid out in Badminton England’s (BE) documents:
- Safeguarding and protecting young people policy
- Safeguarding and protecting young people guidelines
which are available online at www.badmintonengland.co.uk .
In particular BBC will:
- BBC will appoint a child welfare officer (CWO) who will be on the committee of BBC. The CWO will have a CRB / DBS check carried out through the BE system. The CWO will attend training on child welfare issues as recommended by BE.
- The CWO will act as the focal point for all child welfare issues within BBC but ALL MEMBERS of BBC are responsible for the welfare of young people playing at the club. If any member has any concerns about a junior member of the club they should talk to the CWO in the first instance. These concerns may be about the welfare of the young person within the club or may be about external issues.
- The CWO will make him/herself known to all younger members and invite them to discuss any concerns that they may have.
- The CWO will take seriously any concerns brought to his/her attention and will act swiftly to resolve the issue. The CWO may seek the involvement of other committee members, parents, police or social services.
- The CWO will challenge behaviour or language within the club that is inappropriate to use with young people present.
Anyone under the age of 18 is considered as child or young person for the purpose of this policy.
This policy document will be displayed publicly for all members of the club, parents and other interested parties to see.
Adopted by BBC committee on: 18/9/13